Tuesday, March 2, 2010

cookies, my frenemies

I was weak and ate 4 sugar cookies today which converts to 12 points. The cookies were in the fridge at work and were made from scratch. I was able to resist their siren song all day yesterday, but after lunch today I decided to have just one. It tasted so good I couldn’t stop until I had polished off 4 of the suckers. My co-worker told me they weren’t even all that good (after she polished off 5 herself!) but they were the best thing I had tasted in weeks. I am a food-a-holic. I can’t stop at just one. I am better off just ignoring the food, as hard as it is, because when I finally get a taste it is so good that I lose all control. This must be similar to what an alcoholic goes through after her first drink. I was able to eat less the rest of the day and with a workout thrown in I ended the day just one point over my daily points. That’s what those 35 extra points are for – so you can have a slip-up and have it actually be part of the plan. Then you aren’t as tempted to just give up the diet completely when you fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment